We serve clients throughout the Bay Area
V. Joshua Socks
V. Joshua Socks is an attorney and shareholder at Collier Law Firm in Corte Madera, California. Mr. Socks concentrates his practice on personal injury law, handling matters involving motor vehicle accidents, brain injury, trucking accidents, wrongful death and other catastrophic injuries. He represents clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
In addition to personal injury, Mr. Socks practices employment law. He has experience with cases involving breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour violations, whistleblower actions and wrongful termination. He is a strong negotiator and litigator and uses these skills to advocate for the best possible outcome for his employment and personal injury clients.
Mr. Socks understands that a serious injury or workplace issue can have negative effects on all aspects of an individual’s life. He is committed to developing close, personal relationships with his clients and fighting for their right to compensation. He has been involved in several major cases resulting in substantial recoveries through settlement or litigation. Since forming his partnership with Dustin Collier in 2017, they have achieved over $28 million dollars in judgments and settlements for their clients.
Born and raised in the Midwest, Mr. Socks earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Minnesota and spent several years working in business before pursuing a legal career. He earned his law degree from the University of St. Thomas School of Law, graduating cum laude. While pursuing his law degree, Mr. Socks served as senior editor of the University of St. Thomas Law Journal and received various academic awards.
Following law school, Mr. Socks passed the California bar examination and obtained his license to practice law before all California state courts. He has been selected for numerous accolades in California. This includes Super Lawyers' Rising Stars for five consecutive years (2017-2021), which recognizes only 2.5 percent of attorneys in a state. He was also recently selected to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40, which is a professional organization composed of the top trial lawyers from each state or region who are under the age of 40.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. – 2013
- Honors: cum laude
- Senior Editor – University of St. Thomas Law Journal
- Excellence in Labor Law – Labor & Employment Law Section, Minnesota State Bar Association
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- B.A. – 2006
- Major: Psychology
- California, 2015
- Minnesota, 2013
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- California Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) , 2015 to Present
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40, 2021 to Present
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), 2016 to Present
- Super Lawyers: Rising Stars, 2017 - 2021
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40, 2021
- Public Speaking and the Art of Persuasion, Plaintiff Magazine, May, 2020
- Public Speaking and the Art of Persuasion in the Courtroom pt.1, Plaintiff Magazine, October 2020
- Public Speaking and the Art of Persuasion in the Courtroom pt.1, Plaintiff Magazine, November 2020
- Is California’s Private Attorney General Act Enforceable Against Public Entities? – Advocate Magazine, May 2019